Thursday, August 20, 2009

First OUCH report

We are on our 3rd week of preschool. Its still a bit of a challenge. When I pick him up he tells me about his day, and shows us his artwork and it seems he has a good time when he is there. But he does constantly remind me that "You left me all by myself and I couldnt find you". Ugghh I hate that part! In the mornings he is getting a little better, he tells me he is not going to cry and for the last 2-3 mornings he hasnt. I take him, ease him in, and now he goes straight to Miss Lorraine to be held for the first few minutes. He is such a cuddler. Miss Lorraine assures me that after a few min he is fine but it's still hard. (Oh and the one day that he did cry...she called my cell phone within 5 min to let me know that he was no longer crying and playing with playdough...that made me feel a lot better)

Well on Thursday at around 11:15 I got a phone call. Funny enough I was only blocks away. Mateo had fallen on the playground and had a pretty big knot on his forehead. I went right over to pick him up... and boy do I wish I had had my camera. It was the cutest thing ever, my little man was sitting in a chair holding a bag of peas to his forehead... seeing him melted my heart~~ He saw me and poor thing got a pouty lip and tears. He was being such a good boy and I am amazed he actually held the peas there! He was sent home with and "ouch report". No problems from the fall, just a little banged up


No comments: