Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Preschool!

Today was the big day. 1st day of preschool! We have been preparing and talking about this day for a long time! Mateo knew he had to learn to use the potty before going to preschool, and we have been talking about preschool in general all the time. Unfortunately the idea of preschool was a whole lot better than the actual thing. It was hard to get him out of the house in the morning and into the car. Then once at school, he was a slow mover. He ended up doing ok, but yes he cried and mommy felt horrible. His teachers name is Miss Lorraine and very nice. My coworker Becky's daughter is also in Mateo's class so that was a good thing.
Miss Lorraine's class is decorated in animals and Monkeys... that helpded a little to ease him in. I showed him where the bathroom was, he put his crayon with his name on it in his pocket and we checked out the toys. and woila.. lucky us, there was a container full of animals!!
It was hard waiting to pick him up, but I think he needs this. Jeff met me to pick him up. When he saw us, he came quickly with a puffy lip and tears. But he did admit that he had fun. Mateo's biggest complaint, was that I left him and when he looked for me he couldnt find me. Ugghh mommy guilt and that pulls at my heart strings. But we will keep trying and hopefully he will come to love it!

Getting ready to leave...Mateo not too happy about school!

Still not too excited!

Miss Lorraine's class is decorated with Monkey's, that was a + for my little animal lover :-)


He found his name and put it into his pocket all by himself!!

And he found the animals fast!!


A little basket ball with daddy after school!

No comments: