Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thankful for Great Grandmother's and for special Yummy treats!

My boys are so lucky! They get to visit and spend time with their Great Grandmother! She does not like the term "great" though. To my boys and their cousin, she is known as Pastitsi Nanna. Basically I call her Nanna, she's my grandmother. The boys call my mom, Nanna. Well a long time ago, my cousins little guy needed a way to differentiate his grandmothers so he came up with calling her "pastitsi Nanna". If you have ever been to one of our parties or celebrations, you've tasted them. Their called, Pastitsi's. They are an old Maltese pastry of sort that my Grandma has been making since I can remember. And in turn my little guys are lucky enough to be able to eat the real thing too. And they LOVE them!! Even my picky guy!! Everyone that eats them loves them. So, now it is our job to learn. So one day my grandkids can experience the same tradition and history that my guys do!!









Pure Yum!!

No comments: