Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mateo's bday invites

As we all know, I am a crazy person when it comes to birthday parties. I love the details and the planning. Well here we are again. Mateo's 5th birthday is creeping up on me. I have had the idea in my head for months, well really probably since his last birthday. And here I was thinking I had all this time and now we're almost there.

Well I have been searching for ideas, shopping, planning etc etc for a few weeks. I have so many fun ideas planned I hope they all work out. Only problem is, this won't be a 2 hour party...so I hope his guests are ready to have a GOOD time.

Here we are in the beginning stages and I have all ready made two boo boos. One, i forgot to add one key word in something I ordered, so my mistake and I have to reorder. I'm sure I will use the wrong ones at some point for another party (as I know there are many in my future).

Boo boo #2 ( now you have to realize, I spent most of our vacation (at night) working on the invitation with an incredibly patient lady). So here we are at home, final invite received, I send them to Costco...all is going well, and when Jeff picks them up.... WRONG DATE! Ugghhh, I uploaded the wrong ones!! So now, I have the envelopes ready, part of the invite ready and on hold for the second part as it was too late to have them reprinted today. I guess the postives to that are 1)costco will take the "wrong" ones back, so no $$ wasted, only time and 2) I am still pretty ahead of the game in timing for sending them out.

But I must say, this is one of the funnest parties I have planned so far. I can't wait for the kids to enjoy themselves and see how it all turns out. Lots of fun stuff, surprises, treats and more!!

I mean who doesn't love the CIRCUS!!

And with all this said, I will still be scrambling the last few days before~~

No comments: