Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Disappointed

So it seems our t-ball season has come to an end. Unfortunately it ended the same way it started ~ a little disappointing~!

The 1st 2 games were cancelled due to rain, uncontrollabe, I understand.

Our team was VERY disorganized, unfortuanately as a result of our coaches. I know, not nice to say, but true. We managed to have practice every day of the week, including Saturday. No set practice days. Never new when practice was for the week until a few days before. Hard to plan for in general, not to mention when you work nights.

I believe primarily, due to all this, our team wasn't very "tuned" in. An unfortunate thing for the few who really wanted to play. One being my Mateo. We missed one game (due to it being a make up and we were out of town). Still mangaged to make it to the disorganized practices. Again, you could tell how disorganized our team was once we were on the field and watching the other teams. One of our coaches managed to miss more games than us.

And I guess the icing on the cake, Again due to uncontrollable circumstances we missed our final game due to rain ( I know, who'd of thunk, rain in June). Not to mention that it was my snack turn and I made baseball brownies that I now have in my freezer. Well we were told make-ups would most likely be the following Saturday (this upcoming Sat) and we agreed to cut our vacation short so Mateo would not miss his final game and the pizza party where their awards would be passed out.

Well I did say the season ended in disappointment as well ~ the make-up game was tonight, Wednesday, and he missed it all!
I didn't tell him, lucky enough he probably won't remember to ask (watch him prove me wrong). And yes, yes, I know, it was all due to weather....but really, a WEDNESDAY night??
Sigh, we can only hope next season is better, especially since he loved it so much and was one of the few who actually loved to play the game let alone get distracted in the dirt!

2 comments:

Anne Eurose said...

And no one told you that the last game was today? :( :( :( That's so sad. And you took the time to make the cute brownies, too. Why don't we eat them when we meet up for our #1 photoshoot :)? Seriously, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Let's just have a tee-ball playdate and have the kids play ball together. Enjoy your vacation, and hopefully you can extend it a day or 2 since you don't have to be back for the game anymore.

Anna said...

I froze them, so yes I will definitely pull them out for our playdate!